Skin is one of the most important parts of our body. They are the parts that get the most attention. We spend a fortune on maintaining our skin and preserving the glow in our skin. We need to know about the pathogens or the infections which may affect your skin. Because the infection and pathogens on our skin can not be corrected by skin products that are available online. Our skin is known as the largest organ in our body. It covers our muscles and nerves and protects them from injury or bacteria from the outside world. It extends from the tip of the skull to the tip of the toes.
Skin diseases are known to be the most severe. They can be temporary, permanent, or they can be recurring. Some are caused due to certain circumstances while most others are caused due to genetics. There are other skin infections caused due to trauma too. Most skin conditions are not a threat to life but other skin conditions are a threat to life. They can be chronic and lead to death. If you find any skin defects or any abnormalities in your skin, you should go to the doctor immediately. To be able to identify the skin conditions, the 10 most common skin diseases are mentioned below.
These are small red elevations on your skin that lead to a bad appearance of your skin. It usually occurs in your face and it can occur in groups or a single big and redone. These are mostly found in the areas of the face, neck, shoulders, chest, upper back, etc. It occurs on the skins with blackheads, Whitehead, pus, pimples, or they can also appear as cysts in the deeper tissue. They do not leave scars but if the acne is irritated then it might leave a scar on your skin.
2. Cold sores
Cold sores are blister-like appearances that occur mostly on your face. The infections that occur on your face should be taken care of better than the infection in your upper body or the trunk. They occur mostly on your lips, the upper lips, and nose areas. You can know if you’re going to have it beforehand. The skin on which you will have it will tingle or you will feel a burning sensation before the scar is visible. These can also appear with flu-like features. Mostly the patient will have a low fever, headache, chill, swollen lymph nodes, and body aches.
This is a very common infection that occurs on the skin. It is very painful. It usually occurs due to trauma to the skin for a long time and it also causes a lot of pain and discomfort. It can be differentiated from other infections based on a clear, watery fluid-filled area on the skin. It is either smaller than 1 cm or it is larger than 1cm. The blisters which are smaller than one centimeter are called vesicles and the one’s larger area is known as bulla. They can occur in groups or they can occur singly. It can occur anywhere in our body and has no special preferences.
These are the patterns that are linked with allergy. It occurs only with the contact of an allergen. This is mostly known as an allergy reaction of the skin when it comes in contact with an allergen. These are itchy raised patterns that mostly relish in color. The raised patterns are red warm to feel and painful when touched. These are usually small round ring-shaped but at times they can be irregular and large.
5. Actinic keratosis
It’s even less than 2 cm. They are sometimes the size of a pencil eraser. It has a thick scaly rough skin patch that has a crusty appearance. The site of occurrence in the body is that part that is mostly exposed to the sun. These are mostly hands, neck, face, arms, and scalp. These are usually pink in color. But it can have a gray-brown or tan base.
It is a chronic skin disease. It usually fades up and then reappears again. It cycles that way. The reappearing of this can depend on many physical conditions. Some of them are stress, alcohol consumption, intestinal bacteria like helicobacter pylori, or overexposure to sunlight. This disease has four different types of infection with a large variety of symptoms. The most common symptoms are facial redness, facial blushing, facial red bumps on the skin, skin dryness, skin sensitivity.
It is a lump that is present under your skin. It is usually lor and sore to the touch. It can feel irritated when it occurs. It may demonstrate many flu-like symptoms that are fever, chills, body aches, etc. It can cause skin crustiness. It also causes ooziness.
8. Latex allergy
It is another common skin condition caused by the use of latex mostly as a glove. It is a severe and emergency condition. Immediate doctor’s care should be needed If this happens. The rash can occur for minutes or can take days to appear. It appears when the skin is exposed to latex. It is characterized by the appearance of red spots and it may feel itchy. The site gets dry and feels crusty when the area is exposed to latex repeatedly. Apart from using If latex gloves, airborne latex can also cause cough, running nose, itchy, watery eyes, and many more symptoms. Severe allergy can cause swelling and difficulty in breathing.
These are yellow and red patches that can have a flaky appearance. These are elevated areas and are sensitive to touch. Hair loss may occur in these areas.
It is a most common skin disorder in tropical countries. It occurs due to an autoimmune disorders. The body defense mechanism kills the cells of our own body. This gives skin its color.
What is Cancer?
Carcinomas, adenomas, sarcomas, papillomas are some of the names of cancer. It is not caused by any pathogen. Usually, it is a condition in which some particular cell in our body divides unproportionate and uncoordinated. This can lead to the formation of an unwanted mass in our body called a tumor which further proceeds as cancer. This can occur in many parts of the body. They have different common sites depending on the sex and geography of the person. This also depends on the habits of a person. A person who smokes and drinks is expected to have cancer faster than that of a person with all the healthy habits. Apart from this occupation if a person is also important to decide the vulnerability towards having cancer. This can also be hereditary. So determining the common types of cancer depends on a lot of factors. But considering all the factors, some of the most common type of cancers are liver cancer, lung cancer, intestine cancer, skin cancer. In males, prostate cancer and females, breast cancer, and uterine cancer. These are some of the very common types of cancer that can happen in the human body.
1. Nonmelanoma skin cancer :
This is a type of skin cancer. It has two different parts: basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. There are reports of a lot of Americans being diagnosed with this cancer. Doctors treat it in their clinics usually.
Symptoms of basal cell carcinomas
- Skin appears scaly
- Usually, sores appear and don’t heal
- Healed sores keep appearing
- Many flat and pale areas in the skin
- Sores and bumps that bleed and visibility of blood vessels on the surface.
- Itchy and irritation in the skin
Symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma
- Skin gets scaly
- Red patches on the skin
- Bumps appear on the skin
- Sore may be difficult to heal
- Healed sores may reappear
2. Breast cancer :
- The appearance of a new lump or a mass near your armpit or breasts or any other part near it. They are mostly painless but some are painful and tender. Some of these are rapidly progressive and aggressive while others are slow.
The appearance of a lump doesn’t always mean that it is breast cancer but any similar sign needs a doctor’s attention immediately
- Breasts might swell
- The presence of dimples on the skin makes the skin look like an orange peel.
- Presence of scales on the skin of the breasts.
3. Lung cancer :
We all know Ill habits like smoking always lead to cancer which becomes very aggressive most of the time and it is very hard to operate.
- Sounds of wheezing and shortness of breath,
- Persistent cough which gets worse over time.
- Blood present in the cough
- Constant pain in the chest area
- Persistent pain and discomfort in bone and muscles around the bone
- Change in voice (the voice becomes hoarse)
- Prone to more and more lung infections like bronchitis and tuberculosis and pneumonia.
- Loss of appetite
- More frequent blood clots
4. Prostate cancer :
- Issues in urination: the person cannot stand, he cannot control his urine, interrupted flow of urine is seen, short span of urination, sudden urge to urinate, and leakage of urine
- Discomfort during urination( feeling of a burning sensation)
- Blood is sometimes observed in urine
- Sensing the need to urinate repeatedly mainly at night.
- Issues having or holding an erection.
- Pain during ejaculation
- Ejaculation of a small amount of fluid.
- Bleeding while ejaculation
- Pain in thighs, hip, knee, and lower back
- Pain or sensation of pressure in the rectum
- it may feel like a UTI infection.
5. Colon or rectal cancer( colorectal cancer) :
- People with this kind of cancer tend to lose a lot of weight without trying
- They face a lot of tiredness and exhaustion
- Their bowel habits changes.
- They can suffer from diarrhea, constipation, and narrow stool all the same time.
- Pain and discomfort in the abdomen
- Pain in the gut may come and go in a small-time or might be persistent.
- blood can be observed in stool which is either dark red or black.
- Bleeding in the rectum
Colorectal cancer does not always show its symptoms. These symptoms occur only when they are well advanced.
6. Melanoma :
- A mark may appeAr which would look like a mole on any part of your body.
- The Mark has uneven edges and the edges may look notched inside the skin.
- It may appear in a variety of colors like brown, black, red, pink, or blue.
- The Mark should be red, white, or blue
- The Mark should have a tip and it should be larger than a pencil eraser.
- The Mark changes its color every interval of time.
- The Mark may change its shape now and then
- The Mark may feel itching or irritating or crushed
To be able to detect melanoma in its early stage you should always get your skin checked once a month. Also when you see there is another new mole in your body you should get it checked immediately.
7. Bladder Cancer :
- The very first symptoms of bladder cancer in blood in your urine.
- Due to the presence of blood in your urine, the urine may appear red-orange or pink in color
- There may be a change in the pattern of urine.
- You may experience pain during urination.
- Your urine stream may become weak
- You might have the urge to urinate frequently.
8. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma :
- The appearance of lumps under the skin. This may be caused due to the enlargement of lymph nodes
- Losing weight without trying
- The feeling of tiredness and exhaustion
- Sudden headaches a few times or persistently.
- Having fever chill and night sweat very often
- Loss of appetite
Three most common cancers in Men, Women and Children are as follows
- Men : Prostate, lung, and colorectal
- Women : Breast, lung, and colorectal
- Children : Leukemia, brain tumors, and lymphoma
Earlier cancer was treated as a disease that cannot be cured. But medicine these days has developed a lot. These days diseases can be cured even with radiation and chemotherapy. The wildly aggressive cancers can be operated. This surgery can result in the loss of the organs it has caused in. But there are many other ways cancer can be cured. Many people have fought and survived different dangerous cancers. There are formation of various NGOs who also provide monetary support too.