8 Most Common types of Cancer : Symptoms and Treatment
What is Cancer?
Carcinomas, adenomas, sarcomas, papillomas are some of the names of cancer. It is not caused by any pathogen. Usually, it is a condition in which some particular cell in our body divides unproportionate and uncoordinated. This can lead to the formation of an unwanted mass in our body called a tumor which further proceeds as cancer. This can occur in many parts of the body. They have different common sites depending on the sex and geography of the person. This also depends on the habits of a person. A person who smokes and drinks is expected to have cancer faster than that of a person with all the healthy habits. Apart from this occupation if a person is also important to decide the vulnerability towards having cancer. This can also be hereditary. So determining the common types of cancer depends on a lot of factors. But considering all the factors, some of the most common type of cancers are liver cancer, lung cancer, intestine cancer, skin cancer. In males, prostate cancer and females, breast cancer, and uterine cancer. These are some of the very common types of cancer that can happen in the human body.
1. Nonmelanoma skin cancer :
This is a type of skin cancer. It has two different parts: basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. There are reports of a lot of Americans being diagnosed with this cancer. Doctors treat it in their clinics usually.
Symptoms of basal cell carcinomas
- Skin appears scaly
- Usually, sores appear and don’t heal
- Healed sores keep appearing
- Many flat and pale areas in the skin
- Sores and bumps that bleed and visibility of blood vessels on the surface.
- Itchy and irritation in the skin
Symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma
- Skin gets scaly
- Red patches on the skin
- Bumps appear on the skin
- Sore may be difficult to heal
- Healed sores may reappear
2. Breast cancer :
- The appearance of a new lump or a mass near your armpit or breasts or any other part near it. They are mostly painless but some are painful and tender. Some of these are rapidly progressive and aggressive while others are slow.
The appearance of a lump doesn’t always mean that it is breast cancer but any similar sign needs a doctor’s attention immediately
- Breasts might swell
- The presence of dimples on the skin makes the skin look like an orange peel.
- Presence of scales on the skin of the breasts.
3. Lung cancer :
We all know Ill habits like smoking always lead to cancer which becomes very aggressive most of the time and it is very hard to operate.
- Sounds of wheezing and shortness of breath,
- Persistent cough which gets worse over time.
- Blood present in the cough
- Constant pain in the chest area
- Persistent pain and discomfort in bone and muscles around the bone
- Change in voice (the voice becomes hoarse)
- Prone to more and more lung infections like bronchitis and tuberculosis and pneumonia.
- Loss of appetite
- More frequent blood clots
4. Prostate cancer :
- Issues in urination: the person cannot stand, he cannot control his urine, interrupted flow of urine is seen, short span of urination, sudden urge to urinate, and leakage of urine
- Discomfort during urination( feeling of a burning sensation)
- Blood is sometimes observed in urine
- Sensing the need to urinate repeatedly mainly at night.
- Issues having or holding an erection.
- Pain during ejaculation
- Ejaculation of a small amount of fluid.
- Bleeding while ejaculation
- Pain in thighs, hip, knee, and lower back
- Pain or sensation of pressure in the rectum
- it may feel like a UTI infection.
5. Colon or rectal cancer( colorectal cancer) :
- People with this kind of cancer tend to lose a lot of weight without trying
- They face a lot of tiredness and exhaustion
- Their bowel habits changes.
- They can suffer from diarrhea, constipation, and narrow stool all the same time.
- Pain and discomfort in the abdomen
- Pain in the gut may come and go in a small-time or might be persistent.
- blood can be observed in stool which is either dark red or black.
- Bleeding in the rectum
Colorectal cancer does not always show its symptoms. These symptoms occur only when they are well advanced.
6. Melanoma :
- A mark may appeAr which would look like a mole on any part of your body.
- The Mark has uneven edges and the edges may look notched inside the skin.
- It may appear in a variety of colors like brown, black, red, pink, or blue.
- The Mark should be red, white, or blue
- The Mark should have a tip and it should be larger than a pencil eraser.
- The Mark changes its color every interval of time.
- The Mark may change its shape now and then
- The Mark may feel itching or irritating or crushed
To be able to detect melanoma in its early stage you should always get your skin checked once a month. Also when you see there is another new mole in your body you should get it checked immediately.
7. Bladder Cancer :
- The very first symptoms of bladder cancer in blood in your urine.
- Due to the presence of blood in your urine, the urine may appear red-orange or pink in color
- There may be a change in the pattern of urine.
- You may experience pain during urination.
- Your urine stream may become weak
- You might have the urge to urinate frequently.
8. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma :
- The appearance of lumps under the skin. This may be caused due to the enlargement of lymph nodes
- Losing weight without trying
- The feeling of tiredness and exhaustion
- Sudden headaches a few times or persistently.
- Having fever chill and night sweat very often
- Loss of appetite
Three most common cancers in Men, Women and Children are as follows
- Men : Prostate, lung, and colorectal
- Women : Breast, lung, and colorectal
- Children : Leukemia, brain tumors, and lymphoma
Earlier cancer was treated as a disease that cannot be cured. But medicine these days has developed a lot. These days diseases can be cured even with radiation and chemotherapy. The wildly aggressive cancers can be operated. This surgery can result in the loss of the organs it has caused in. But there are many other ways cancer can be cured. Many people have fought and survived different dangerous cancers. There are formation of various NGOs who also provide monetary support too.